Department: Editorial | Updated: June 04, 2018
Great Lakes Publishing seeks an experienced Associate Editor, Custom Projects for the custom publishing division of Cleveland Magazine. We’re looking for an editor with at least two years of experience in reporting, writing and editing magazine-style features. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and have superior copyediting and proofreading skills, a thorough understanding of proper grammar and punctuation, familiarity with AP style and well-honed editing and rewriting skills. As an editor in our custom publishing division, this person should work well in a client-driven environment in which creativity and organization are critical.
- Assign and edit stories for various client-driven and special advertising sections that appear within the magazine or as standalone products
- Fact checks or assigns fact checking on all edit and audits facts when required by a project.
- Attend client meetings and communicate with clients as necessary.
- Collaborate with project managers, editors and art directors.
- Meets all editorial and production deadlines and budget goals.
- Proofs and corrects pages in layout book.
- Prioritize multiple assignments in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- A degree in communications, journalism or a related field
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- 4-6 clips that show skill at vivid magazine, trade or client-driven writing
- Must take direction and assert ideas quickly
- Must have strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to handle a number of projects simultaneously
- Professional experience as a copy or desk-level editor extremely helpful
- Social media experience a plus
Send cover letter containing salary requirements along with resume and work samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org . No phone calls, please. Qualified candidates will be contacted.