Cleveland Magazine is looking for Marketing and Events Coordinator or Manager to help grow its digital and experiential audience. This person must be passionate about our community and be an energetic promoter of the best things Cleveland has to offer. They must have a good understanding of both social and traditional media and not be afraid to learn new skills. While this position has a clear opportunity for management and career growth, this person cannot be afraid to roll up their sleeves and execute tactical details. They also must be confident self-starter and contributor to both the revenue and editorial teams.
Cleveland Magazine, a division of Great Lakes Publishing, produces content in its monthly magazine, daily digital stories on its website and social media channels with a heavy emphasis on Instagram, three weekly newsletters, four consumer events and two business events in addition to quarterly staff events.
- Help develop and execute marketing plans for paid magazine subscribers
- Help develop and execute contests and marketing plans for digital audience efforts
- Attend sales and planning meetings
- Attend digital audience meetings
- Work with revenue team to create event sponsorship opportunities
- Help execute event attendee marketing plans
- Work directly with catering, AV and other vendors
- Manage event RSVP’s and registration
- Manage freelance and temporary employees, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) or equivalent from four-year college or technical school; (Degree preference in Business, Communication, Advertising, Marketing or related field)
- Event and/or Social Media Marketing is desired
- Flexibility to attend evening or weekend events
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge and familiarization with the Adobe Creative Suite
- Must have strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to handle a number of projects simultaneously
- Must work well in a deadline-driven environment
Send cover letter containing salary requirement along with resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org [SUBJECT LINE: Marketing and Events Application]. No phone calls, please. Qualified candidates will be contacted.
Great Lakes Publishing Company is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer