Do you have an adventurous spirit? Do you enjoy helping people grow their business? Are you driven by producing great work and developing great relationships? If so, Great Lakes Publishing may have an opportunity for you. We are looking for an Account Manager to handle advertising accounts in the Northeast Ohio Region for our Ohio Magazine and Quest Digital divisions.
Our current product mix includes printed advertising, digital advertising on our owned media, programmatic advertising, website development and custom publishing. The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, creative, motivated, organized and possess the skills necessary to communicate and work well with our staff our clients.
- Prospect for advertising and contract communication services.
- Manage long-standing advertising client relationships
- Attend industry events and network.
- Coordinate advertisers' needs with Great Lakes Publishing policies, procedures and special programs and issues, to explain rates, contractual and business requirements, technical capabilities and to encourage prompt payment of open accounts.
- Write proposals and negotiate contracts.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) or equivalent from four-year college or technical school; (Degree preference in business, communication, advertising, marketing or related field)
- Media (print, radio, digital or TV) sales or similar sales field experience required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to take and overcome criticism/rejection
- Must have strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to handle a number of projects simultaneously
- Must work well in a deadline-driven environment
- Must be willing to travel locally
- Must be able to do all of this and still have fun. Please no jerks.
Send cover letter, resume and portfolio link or pdf samples with salary requirements to:
Great Lakes Publishing Company is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.