Department: Art/Design | Updated: August 23, 2018
Great Lakes Publishing Co. (GLP), publisher of Cleveland Magazine, Community Leader, Lake Erie Living, Ohio Magazine and custom client publications, seeks a Production Assistant to design and produce advertisements for our Cleveland Magazine and Cleveland Custom Media divisions.
The ideal candidate will work well under deadline pressure, must be extremely organized, possess excellent communication skills, have the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and have a strong technical understanding of printing. This position is an important member of the Production department and works closely with the Production Managers and Advertising Sales teams.
- Create and proof advertisements to clients and follow through to final approval
- Coordinate advertisement production
- Preflight advertisements
- Archive advertisements
- Monitor and maintain quality throughout projects (to standards of both Great Lakes Publishing and our external clients)
- Prepare art files for digital publishing
- Create 3D publications (flipbooks) and web advertisements
- Prepare advertising thumbnails for accounting
- Place advertisements in layouts
- Set up (RIP) files for proofs and printing
- Strong knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Bachelor’s Degree in design or equivalent experience in a related field
Please send a PDF of your cover letter, resume, salary requirement and portfolio to: email@example.com and include “Production Assistant” in the subject line.
No phone calls, please.