Department: Marketing/Circulation | Updated: May 09, 2018
Ohio Magazine currently is looking for temporary shift staff to sell subscriptions and promote the magazine to new customers at summer events in the Columbus area, including the Columbus Arts Festival and Ohio State Fair. Hours and scheduling vary based on the event. This is a great position for someone looking to gain sales experience or a temporary summer job.
- Socializing with event attendees who approach our table and discussing the content of the magazine
- Maintaining the booth appearance throughout the shift
- Informing potential customers of print and email subscription plans
- Taking subscription orders and payment
- Reconciling orders at the end of each shift
- Reporting to show manager
- Experience with customer service and in-person sales
- Basic understanding of accounting and business math
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and lift 25 pounds
- Must be able to attend one-hour training session prior to the first shift
Contact InformationPlease send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be received by June 1.
No phone calls, please.